Cordyceps and turkey tails are mushrooms that are a type of fungi.
Both are medicinal mushrooms that contain many crucial health benefits. Both of these mushrooms are quite different from each other.
Cordyceps vs. Turkey Tail
Cordyceps is a type of fungi that grows from the larvae of insects.
These parasitic fungi are harvested and then dried so they can be used as medical cordyceps supplements.
Cordyceps are highly popular in China’s high mountains areas.
They grow on caterpillars found in these places. It is now made in the laboratory as it’s becoming rare.
Turkey tail mushrooms mostly grow in old logs and woods.
They have been used for many centuries for medical purposes and also as a health booster.
These mushrooms are white and brown-black colored that strikingly match turkey features.
This mushroom widely grows everywhere around the world.
They are easily accessible and can treat many health situations.
Cordyceps vs. Turkey Tail: Pros and Cons
- Cordyceps are rarely accessible in every country. Turkey tail can be found in almost all countries.
- Both are available as supplement powders. The cordyceps can cost a little bit more than Turkey tails.
- Cordyceps have energy-boosting properties. It reduces aging and heals wounds faster than the other. It helps improve liver function.
- Turkey tail is an antioxidant and helps to improve the immunity system.
- Cordyceps can be harmful to pregnancy or breastfeeding. As well as turkey tails. In this condition, take advice from your doctor.
- Cordyceps can risk autoimmune diseases. This helps with immunity that can cause the immune system to become extra effective.
- Turkey tails and cordyceps can be allergic to some people.
- Cordyceps reduce blood clotting that can become an issue of extra bleeding. People with scheduled surgery should avoid cordyceps.
Which Is Better, Cordyceps or Turkey Tail?
Both of them have numerous health benefits. It’s hard to determine which is better than the other.
- Cordyceps mushroom is better for people who are suffering from low strength. Young adults can use these mushrooms to improve their energy levels. Sometimes they don’t work on highly trained athletes. This mushroom has no cholesterol, so it’s promising for people with high cholesterol levels. People with kidney problems, diabetic patients, and Hepatitis B conditions can benefit from cordyceps.
- Turkey tail mushroom is better for cancer patients. This mushroom contains CVG and PSK, which reduces cancer cell growth. Favorable to increase a person’s immune system and balance blood sugar levels.
Cordyceps vs. Turkey Tail: Uses
- Cordyceps is used for medical conditions like diabetes, skin conditions, shrinking tumors, and many others, and are medically used for lung cancer, skin cancer, and Chemotherapy. Also, for breathing problems and heart difficulties.
- Turkey tail is used for cancer treatments and recovering from them. Mostly used for patients to fight cancer cells from growing. This is used as a gut-improving supplement too.
Cordyceps vs. Turkey Tail: Benefits
- Weakness, anemia, irregular heartbeat problems, and dizziness can be cured with cordyceps. This mushroom stimulates cells and improves immunity power that can cure these conditions.
- Sexual problems in males or urination problems during the nighttime can be curable. Cordyceps mushroom helps improve stamina and sperm production. It helps with kidney disorders that help to fix urinary problems.
- Decrease blood sugar levels that benefit diabetic people. Also, decrease fatigue and cough.
Turkey tail benefits
- Antioxidant properties encourage the reduction of heart disease, stress, cellular damage, and inflammation. The vast diversity of flavonoid and phenol antioxidants helps improve these conditions.
- PSK and PSP are found in the turkey tails that improve the immunity system. This property fights cancer and reduces cancer cells.
- Benefits fatigue syndrome people by curing gut problems. Improves health to fight against infections and diabetes and boost everyday endurance level.
Which One to Choose between Cordyceps vs. Turkey Tail?
The right option can only be chosen according to health conditions, benefits, and risks. The difference is listed here, so it can be easy for a person to choose the best option.
Taking supplements can work differently than eating dried and cooked versions.
Many medical conditions can indeed be cured with these mushrooms. Some of them are still debatable. So, taking professional advice is a better and safe option.
Any patient with diabetes, cancer, or other diseases must take professional guidance before consuming any of these.
Related Articles about Cordyceps